sirleeofroy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330D M-Sport LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick46 View Post
Rubber gromits are what I'm hoping to use. The problem I have is that you have to make the hole in the dust cover big enough for the plug to fit through, which is massive compared to the size of the cable. You also have to have two cables running through the hole - the cable coming from the back of the bulb out to the control box and then the cable from the control box back through the hole to the original plug.
The solution myself and a friend have come up with is to use a 25mm blanking gromit with two holes made in it for the cables and a cut from the edge to each hole so that the gromit can be slipped over the cables. Then we can make a 22-23mm hole in the dust cover which should be just big enough to fit the plug through. Insert the plug, slip the gromit over the cables and then fit the gromit in the hole in the dust cover. If need be a small amount of silicone may be used to seal it completely.

I went out and got all my 'Before' pics last night including the beam pattern on the mot rig. Today we are hoping to do the install, so if I have time I may do all the 'After' pics tonight and hopefully tomorrow do the write up for you guys.
Brilliant, I'm keen to hear your thoughts!
Appreciate 0