View Single Post
      10-28-2019, 06:02 PM   #3
Knerr
I Have A Condition
Rep
Drives: 2007 6MT 335i upgraded twins

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, I have bought a set of stage 2 Revised turbos (GTX s t y l e compressor wheel) on August 30th.

The turbos are not yet installed, so I cannot give any dyno numbers yet, and I did not take a lot of pictures when I had them in my possession because there are plenty of pictures and videos of these on Youtube and other groups.

So I am here to talk about my experience with the company, shipping, etc.

I heard about these back in early August as did most people and had been looking at them but kind of on the fence about whether or not I wanted to upgrade the turbos on my car. However, I had a business trip come up, kind of last-minute which brought me home to Atlanta, Ga. & thought "what the hell" I'll give these a shot. So I emailed Shawn on the 29th of August (the business owner) and told him my situation- that I would be in the states until the 14th of September, and if he was able to get the turbos to me by then, I would buy a set and hand-carry them back to the states. I live in Romania, which is seven hours ahead of EST, and it was late, so I went to bed. I woke up the next day to a response from him saying that if I sent the payment by the end of the day, he could have the turbos for me by the 14th.

On September 10th, I texted him asking if they had shipped yet as I was afraid they would not get to me in time for my flight back to Romania. He quickly responded saying it was not likely that they would get to me on time and that it would be best to ship them to Romania directly. This was frustrating, to say the least. I was concerned about the shipping cost as I had been quoted at $1600 to ship a cylinder head from New York to Romania previously AND because Shipping in Romania is very unreliable. I told him that I hated to be "that guy" but I think it would be best to sort out a refund.

He comes back saying that it's not an issue, they have shipped to Romania before without issue and provides me a $187 3 day DHL shipping quote to my Romanian address. I agree and move on.

On 18 September, He emailed me stating that they were ready to ship and re-verified my shipping address & I asked about ordering a set of inlets through him he said they would ship directly from VRSF and I said nevermind. I think this created some confusion, but I was under the impression that he was going to ship them at this point- I will take some of the blame as I never confirmed.

Then on the 25th, He emailed me again asking if I still wanted them to ship- Kudos to him because He wasn't rude in any way and seemed okay with the fact that I had mentioned a possible refund & he was not trying to force anything on me. I responded that I did want them to ship and that I was under the impression they already had. Shawn says no, they were waiting for confirmation. I responded that I was under the impression that they already had shipped and needed a paypal invoice for the shipping cost.
Long story short, we go back and forth with him re-confirming my address and playing email tag until the 29th when he finally sends me the invoice and I pay.

On October 2nd I emailed him because DHL tracking says that the package hasn't been picked up yet & there is radio silence. On the 3rd, DHL shows that it was dropped off at the local department.

This is where things went a bit sideways- It is not Dynamic Autowerx' fault as it was in the hands of the carrier at this point, BUT I did warn Shawn that I was uncomfortable with Shipping to Romania as I would have to pay a 20% tax on the product I was importing AND because shipping is awful in Romania. Not to mention it took a whole month to get the turbos shipped.

On October 9th I got an email from Shawn asking for a review of the turbos & I had literally just gotten off the phones with the Romanian DHL customer service department who were incompetent, to say the least. my exact response was "Fuck if I know, I still havent gotten them" and he responds that it makes no sense as DHL shows delivered on the 4th of October. Which was true- their tracking said "04 OCT Delivered, Craiova signed for by ______" and then above that it said"06 OCT Departed Leipzig Germany" and thats all it showed until the 16th when I actually received it. Apparently it got lost in the Romanian DHL customs department for about 10 days. & was only found because I got a regional manager in Arizona on the phone & he made them flip their entire storehouse to find my parts. Dude was a legend.

As I said, The shipping issues weren't entirely his fault, but if he had delivered the product on time, I would have had my turbos a month earlier and nod had to pay over $100 in taxes for a product I had already been taxed on. But he was right that he had a solution & I did not pay the $300 I had expected.

When I finally did have the turbos in hand, they seemed pretty nice. the little bit of shaft play that is to be expected of a dry journal bearing turbo was minimal, the welds on the wastegate and all the hardware seemed to be of high quality, all of the fasteners had witness marks, although some of them were more of marks showing they had been torqued rather than witness marks.... but most people don't do witness marks right, so I won't hold that against them LOL.

I took them to my mechanic, an 8-hour drive- but when you find a good trustworthy mechanic, you go nowhere else. Years ago, I would have done the install myself, but now with my work schedule, I don't have the time to invest in a project like this- plus being that I have a cracked head and coolant in my oil, and am in the middle of a complete rebuild... It is just too much for me to tackle on the weekends.

So this is where I am at. the car should be getting reassembled in the very near future, we are doing a completely new cooling circuit (oil was all throughout the cooling system as well and well... 13-year-old BMW cooling components), JE pistons, and an upgraded oil cooling solution. In addition to all my other mods, it should be a pretty fun streetcar. I bought this car last year to go to the Nurburgring and was signed up for a track day but was never able to attend. This spring I intend to take the car there and abuse these turbos all day over as many laps as possible! I reckon if they survive that and the 4,000 KM round trip over the Austrian Alps... they will prove their worth.

About the car:
2007 M Sport 6MT
Fresh built N54 with JE pistons
KW coil overs
M2 brakes
Upgraded Oil Cooler
DAW Stage 2 Revised turbos
Breyton Race GT 19" wheels
AZA Autowheel Alcantara/Leather wheel
A lot of cosmetics
Attached Images

Last edited by Knerr; 10-28-2019 at 06:05 PM.. Reason: Information omitted