11-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #474
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanosracing View Post
Hi Ken, I'm good and so is the family. Thanks for asking. I hope all is well on your end. What is this I read, you walked into a GM dealership?

Tony asks me at every event and I would like to come back and track. But you guys are so far ahead now that I would be stuck in novice or intermediate (it has been 3-years since I've done a tracking event).

I told Tony this week that he's right and I should do 1 or 2 next year.
You know, I think I will be keeping this heavy car for a while, but I was just curious to know what's out there. If funds were no issue, I'd pick a used Porsche Cayman or a used C6 Z06, kind of no compromise and light track car. So I wanted to go see a Vette and to sit in one, to see if I can live with one, but alas, there were none!

As for the track thing, you should not be worried where your level is. It is important to have fun first, be safe and then fast/quick. When being fast/quick is taking over the fun, or the safety, it's time to back off and regroup/reassess.

That is the reason I never tracked more that 5/6 days a year, nor getting a camera.

Cheers!