View Single Post
      06-28-2018, 02:14 PM   #1
Fb2017
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bicycle

Hello everyone. I just got done fixing a mystery misfire issue with my 2011 328i. Not even a week later my car has decided to throw two new problems my way. Not sure if they are related or not but I could really use your help!

The clunk is coming from the front driver wheel. (70% sure) it happens when I go over a sharp but not deep bump. The driving characteristics of the car seem unaffected. I checked if the sway end links were loose and they seem pretty solid.

The squeak/squeal I'm getting is during any form of acceleration when the engine is between 2 and 3 thousand rpm. Its very loud and makes everyone stop and stare haha.

It ONLY happens when i give the car a medium to high amount of throttle. If I put the clutch in or take my foot off the gas the sound goes away. If I rev while stationary/not in gear there is no noise either.

Oddly enough it sometimes happens in reverse as well but it doesn't really correlate to the speed/rpm but instead it seems to correlate to the load on the car.

I made a video of my squeak/squeal. It was a challenge driving stick and filming at the same time. I'll eventually get one of the clunk if I can.

Thanks for your help!

I suspect its the driveshaft squeaking and the tie rod ends clunking.

How does one grease or lube up the driveshaft? Easy access?
Appreciate 0