lilg1993
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 335is

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by akerns429 View Post
Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead! Can anyone tell me if the x pipe on this exhaust is some kind of resonator as well? I'm trying to understand my exhaust a little better. I just installed the performance exhaust and I want to be able to hear the pops and burbles a little better without installing a downpipe. So I was thinking if I take off the secondary cats and if that x pipe is a resonator, that would help as well.
It's been a while so you may have already found your answer, but I can try to offer some help...

from what I understand, the x-pipe is a replacement for the resonator, and therefore probably doesn'tt have much of a deadening effect on the sounds from the exhaust. best bet would be to take out the secondary cats if you don't wanna go with kitty-less DP's. but I would say just go for kitty-less DP's anyway...you won't regret it
'07 E93 335i 6AT, Platinum Bronze Metallic/Cream Beige [SOLD]
Appreciate 0