United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer3253
also one major question to all that has done this mod.... if you have your DRL's on..do they make a buzzing noise..almost like a motor..it appears that i must keep them off otherwise they will make this noise..they didnt make that noise prior to the wiring job.
OK did some testing on this!! Im going to admit im a dumbass and had my DRL's off the whole time! I really want the side lights off and I thought that was the DRL's!
So last night the tech was in my car and told me that they are already off and showed me how to do it then turned them on and holy shit they were buzzing like a motor just like u said!! I had the tech come out of the car and listen and he said he hears it too..so since the DRL's are just your high beam on low he went in turned on the high beams then back off and NO buzz, the DRLs were on just fine.. Ive come to the conclusion that it has to be a pulse modulating issue that the euros just have a different sensibility to voltage than the us ones..
so that said if you roll with the DRL's on you will need to pull your brights stick for a sec then back off and they will NOT buzz anymore!!