View Single Post
      12-18-2017, 12:35 PM   #15
gillzj00
Rep
Drives: Metallic Brown

I think I am having this issue on my N55 E70 X5

Saturday night I pulled into the garage after about a 20 mile drive in some cold weather (30 degrees or so) and took this video:

You can't see much but the sounds are almost identical to the first video mentioned in this post.

I've been driving the the car the last couple days and I don't think it has been making that noise anymore. I will try to blow some smoke near the PCV valve and see it gets sucked in this evening.

My questions are as follows: If am hearing that squealing coming from under the car, is the air being sucked into the engine from one of the main seals, or is it being pushed out of the main seal?

If I am hearing that noise is my seal already shot or if I get this issue fixed soon might I have saved it?

For the PCV diaphragm repair, did you guys just dremmel the old one off, put the new part on and slather JB Weld around the sides while applying pressure? Or did you put a bead of JB weld between the new part and the valvecover before setting the new PCV ontop and applying pressure?

Thanks for any help!
Appreciate 0