South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin@MMW View Post
Im wondering who has one and an e9x?

and if you do have one, what did you pay for it and in what condition?

Im looking for an e30 drop top, project drift car

I own an e30 325i (89). I paid 1K for mine off my friend and the exterior was in crappy condition. The paint was oxidized so I had it resprayed. Off the top of my head I think I put a few grand into it if not a little more. The motor was running fine except for some piston slap which went away once the car warmed up. It had about 230K miles on the stock m20 motor and starting from a few months ago it started to leak oil from the head gasket but I'm having another m20 rebuild and swapped in within a month.

Since you're building one for a drift car I'm sure you won't care too much on the appearance of one or whether you want an earlier model with diving boards (pre 89) or one with plastic bumpers (89-91)..(through 92 for vert). I dunno about your area but e30s found on craigslist for a good deal usually get picked up pretty fast...at least for hard top which is what I have.

If you plan on swapping the motor (s50, s52, m50) then I'd probably look for an e30 for under 700 if everything is in decent shape. The average price for e30 325i hard tops in my area in good condition is around $3500-$5000. I'm not sure how much verts go for nowadays. If you can find a good conditioned one for under $2000 they usually get picked up pretty fast. Hope this helps. You can get more info on the e30s from e30tech.com or r3vlimited.com which is where I frequent daily for used parts and good technical info.
Appreciate 0