12-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #16
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman81 View Post
I have a similar issue. My car is completely stock though. My radio shuts off and the light on the SOS button comes on then goes off and the radio comes back on. I think it may be a battery issue. I've gotten my battery tested and was told it was fine, but was only at 60% charge. They said don't let it sit...only problem is I don't. It's my daily driver. Now the radio issue seems to go away after I've driven for a little bit, so I had the battery tested when it didn't seem to be shutting off and I was told there were no issues with the battery at all. My next course of action is testing for a parasitic draw. I checked it quick one day and I'm getting 0.49 amps when the car is off. The only problem is that the trunk obviously has to be open so the light on. I pulled the bulb out but there still could be some relays or solenoids that are powered I think. I'm no electrical expert, so if anyone else has any input that'd be great. Maybe you should get your battery checked when you're having the issue. Sorry for the long post!
The long post is fine if it has all the details needed! I can't believe our cars have major battery problems even with the giant battery we already have. Its weird though, I never thought it would be the battery that cuts the radio off... could it be the subs that drain it out so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
You have to upgrade your ears in order to hear it. Our ears are analog, as long as you were born before 2008. I know one guy at work upgraded his ears, and now he has to go back every 6 mos. to get a new battery installed. Last time he did it he found out the new devices have an A6X chip, and he got his A5X in march, so he was pissed. Plus he told the doctor he's hearing voices at night, and they can't find the problem.
Are you serious about ear upgrades O.O my hearing is perfectly fine lol I'm pretty sure I don't need super human ears!
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0