View Single Post
      12-27-2017, 08:16 AM   #11
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by miker2013 View Post
i am trying to make my vehicle as quiet and vibration free as possible and am wondering about shock mounts?

how much do they insulate the chassis from vibration?

is there a difference between stock e92 mounts, xdrive mounts, dinan, monroe as far as their vibration dampening ability?

thanks
I have bilstein B6 all around on stock non-sport springs and non-rft. When I did my suspension I used new oem front top mounts for sport suspension and SP lowering perches. In the back all I did was the B6, new bottom and the Monroe top rear mounts. I ran the car for a few months with everything except the Monroe rear top mounts before finally taking the rears apart again and putting the Monroe mounts in. What I noticed from the Monroe mounts was a big reduction in that secondary bounce feeling that I would get when coming to a complete stop. This was a welcome improvement, I didn't really notice any change in the area of NVH.

When I look at that video that Blown95 posted above, it now makes perfect sense that the harder rubber would stop that secondary bounce feeling. I had no idea there was so much movement with those oem foam/rubber mounts. BMW obviously did that on purpose most likely to counteract the negative ride attributes of the RFT.
OEM Black grill and Blackline tails - LCI halogens with Lux V2 coded as DRL - 3M Crystalline - BMS PBX - OEM Euro Airbox with K&N - Hardwired CTEK - Bilstein B6 w/OEM springs and SP perches - Conti DWS06 - HiFi-Helix DSP - JLAudio HD/XD-Morel - CD changer trim - AE optical out

Last edited by cdgatti; 12-28-2017 at 05:20 AM..
Appreciate 2