View Single Post
      10-03-2008, 02:43 PM   #119
djdaveyg
Rep
Drives: e90 318d

I have 2 MULF2 High units with the intention to get bluetooth in my car. I have a NOV 2007 E90 that is not pre wired for BT, but i have already retro fitted the pro navigation.

I have part numbers 84109149843 and 84109187625. The first is for cars upto sept 2007 and the second for cars after sept 2007. I got both should one not work in my car.

I spent some time at autologic here in the UK yesterday. First of all, the autologic sysytem can see either of the 2 units and was happy to code either to the car. I chose to install the 7625 unit as it matches what i should have in my car.

The autologic system has the 6FL retrofit option available, but until yesterday the system could not code a MULF2 High for bluetooth. When trying to enable bluetooth the system looked for a MULF OR MULF 2 non high version.

They have the software enginners that configure the autologic system here in the UK so the guy took the autologic unit away and reconfigured it to add the option to code a MULF2 High for bluetooth. Now for any further applications that need this there is a autologic update that this guy has written so when you code a MULF2 High ther is an option for just 6FL or 6FL and Bluetooth. As i retrofitted the pro nav system i do not have assist and SOS options, so no TCU. I saw on the autologic system the option for TCU's but im not sure what would happen if people wanted to add a MULF2 High to a car with a TCU. I would say that if the autologic system has issues configuing any options the software guys writ a fix within an hour, and the even have software to simulate the car so they can test it.

So, i got the MULF2 High coded, bluetooth works with IDRIVE and i now have the oiption for USB audio under AUX inputs. I cant select it yet but i assume that that because i have now USB device attached.

I can also confirm that the retrofit kit is now available to buy, it has been released from hold. I am collecting mine tomorrow. The only one available is the second part number that kenH supplied, it comes with the power loom aswell as the USB loom, thas good for me as i have no pre wire in the boot. The only additional wires i need to run will be 2 or the mic.

I was expecting some sort of voice control form the MULF2 High but there was none. I even got autologic to add the option number to my VO. I think this is because i have the pro nav and the car wants to use the CCC as the voice command controller. I need to get the activation for this (maybe rom BMW)??

I will update tomorrow when i get the loom. I will not have time to fully fit it but i will hook it all up to see if i get the usb audio working. Its an added bonus if it works as i only set outy to get bluetooth.

I have the other MULF2 High on ebay if anyone needs it.
Appreciate 0