View Single Post
      06-07-2018, 09:43 AM   #18
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330d M Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerNub View Post
I've heard of Malaysk. Is it significantly better than the Xtrons one? When I asked on the XDA thread, nobody seemed that convinced I'm mucking around with various dash launchers currently. One thing I do know, the sound quality IS better than the Professional head unit the car came with. So that myth is debunked right away.

The stuff in factory settings is thing like boot logos, canbus adjustment (nothing actually useful though), volumes of various parts the MCU control etc, although if yours has a permanent live you probably never see the boot logo. Worth having a look around. Other than it's only the stuff I mentioned. Oh and you can tweak your panel keys, but not your steering wheel keys..... and the wheelkey app won't work with our cars according to Xtrons because the canbus adapter handles it all, something which i'll admit is frustrating.

How did you install your reversing camera or is it OEM? I'm looking at a boot handle one, they're only £12. I'll experiment to see whether you can have both the radar and the camera on screen at the same time. If so, I'll get it ordered and fitted sometime in the next week.

Totally feel you on the beeps. I remember the BMW OEM, they were quiet and got louder as you got closer. These are loud right from the start and are kind of nasal. Do they operate exactly the same as the original BMW ones though? Like do they react the same? It's one of those things that kind of 'needs' to work Can't be having any software glitches.

Not a clue on the ringtone, but I would suspect it's changeable. I've not tried though, truth be told. I will be experimenting though.
No, it isn't significantly better. Just a few more customisation mods really. Oh yeah sound quality is good.

It was already installed by previous owner but it looks fairly simple to do. It is the bootlid handle one you talk about and it simply runs from the boot to the headunit and plugs in with the AV cables. That's it.

The beeps do the job exactly the same but don't change in volume or anything.
Appreciate 0