View Single Post
      12-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #1
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i xDrive

Installed G5 ISO a few nights ago and need some help with issues

Hey so I just got the G5 ISO last night and upgraded from the G4 15ohm. I love it except for a few things i've noticed. I would email Terry but i'm the type of person who asks a lot of questions and tries to make sure i'm doing everything right so I don't want to constantly email and bother him. My car's mods other than the JB4 are Stett CAI, VRSF 7" FMIC, VRSF xi ******* DP's, and a Stett charge pipe with Tial BOV.

First and most important issue is I now have a rattle which I can't get rid of no matter what the lagfix setting. When I first installed the G5 ISO it was awful and audible even at idle but also very metallic sounding at startup. I emailed Terry and he sent me the 15b which I louded up and it made it even worse... I figured this was weird so I reinstalled the 15b and then it somehow got better and is where i'm at now. I've done the steering wheel controls to a setting of 40 and a setting of 100 but it can't seem to go away. It's a very slight rattle so not that big of a deal but only reason I want it gone is with the old G4 I heard none as far as I can remember. I'll post videos below.

My next issue was at first it seemed like boost wasn't building up as quick and it sounded really raspy at the higher RPM's during a pull. That seems to have fixed itself so no longer an issue however I did some E85 logs today and they're putting out less power than my E85 logs on the G4 15ohm... On the G4 I did 2 pulls with 5 gallons of E85 map 5 and the numbers were 400 and 402 on the mustang setting. On the ISO I did 3 pulls with 6 gallons of E85 map 5 and the logs look a lot better (fuel trims and timing) but for some reason it's making less power . On the same VD settings the logs from today are making 388, 399, and 379. Another weird thing is that 379 was my third pull which had the most boost...?

Other than these two things the ISO is great and much smoother than the G4. I mainly upgraded because I didn't want to be on an "old" board and figured the new one would be a lot better/faster. I'd rather not go back to the G4 but as of now its starting to look like my car might prefer it so I might have to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also let me know if you want to see any older logs like the G4 15ohm with E85 or 93 or anything like that.

Videos

Original Iso 15 rattle:

First Iso 15b:

Iso 15B after second install and how it sounds now:

Iso 15B now but with the mic closer near the DP area:

Logs

Today G5 Iso 15B 6 gallons of E85 map 5:

Yesterday G5 Iso normal 15 firmware with 93 octane first run map 2 last 3 map 5:

Again any help is greatly appreciated and please let me know if you need any more info from me such as more logs or older logs.

Edit: I just copied and pasted this from my post on one of the other forums because I didn't feel like rewriting it. The rattle is no longer my main concern since its not that bad, the main thing I don't understand is why the ISO is making less power than the G4 on Virtual Dyno even though the ISO logs look better and it's running more boost...
More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ

Last edited by psmitty95; 01-16-2013 at 09:35 PM..
Appreciate 0