saini023
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by krndanic307
So as of right now i need to buy hi/lo converters for my speakers? I have the stock professional radio. How do I change the hi/lo converter? Can you help me what I need to do? IM a noob
you have to buy a hi/lo converter. i did a quick search and i find this link that explains it http://www.installer.com/hilo/ ...you would tap this hi/lo into your front or rear speaker wires..must do rear if you have nav..you would tap the front left and front right or vice versa in the rear. this gives you the rca inputs you need for your aftermarket amp. you also need to buy a amp kit (includes power wire, ground wire, remote wire, RCAs) you need to a run a power wire from your amp to the positive side of your battery..connect the ground wire from amp to sumthing metal in the car..(you can use a existing bolt if there is or create one) MAKE SURE TO clean it up (scrape off any paint) you are almost done now. only thing is to run remote wire and the speaker wire from the amp to your sub. for the remote wire, you connect that to switched 12V (accersory wire) test with voltmeter, gives out 12volts when car is turned on..and rears 0 when car is off. not exactly sure if you car has a switched 12V i know the cars with iDrive do not have one that is easy to get to. i attached diagram i drew up really quick for another friend. not very clear but it can pictures make it a little easier to understand.
Attached Images

Mods:20% Tint F/R, Xenon Interior Lights, Xenenis Tru-match Fog Lights, , V1 (hardwire), Black and White Roundels, Blackline Tailights, White Angel Eyes (PMB), (2) 12'' Kicker L7,TvandNav2go, Playstation 2, ACS Roof Spoiler, 5 Series iDrive Leather Knob, Brex kit
Appreciate 0