tyler9595
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyergru View Post
Well.

After a full week in the shop (not counting the days to get the upgrade), my car is back.

As I already suspected, they downgraded it to whatever was current at build date (9/2007), I assume v27.02.02. This measure is neither officially recommended nor authorized, it was done on my car only because it is a PUMA case. They just wanted to know if a downgrade would really fix the problem - and it did, not much to my surprise. The foreman told me of his impressions and said that the car even sounds different than with v30 (I did not tell him that) and he could now make the wheels break loose at traffic lights.

The car is back to normal operation, no lag at all, sauf the fact that my 6FL USB audio interface does not work at all. That will hopefully be fixed in a few days.

The foreman told me that BMW engineers are at a loss to what is the DME problem and are only now beginning to work on a cure. Apparently, v30 was not even intended to be a fix for the problems introduced with v29.2. This was the reason why they could provide no "upgrade" fix in a short time. So, you will have to wait and hope for the best.

He promised to keep me informed and tell me when there is a software fix for both problems, USB and DME.
meyergru - I tried to get my dealership to downgrade me from 29.2 and they said 'no'. How did you talk your dealership into doing this for you???????
Appreciate 0