View Single Post
      04-20-2019, 09:01 PM   #6
Garageaholic
Private
Rep
Drives: 1989 350i

Thanks for the feedback. I'm happy to help! As you can see I'm a new member with very few posts, so I respect the more senior members on the forum. I used to live on R3V when I was big into E30's, but now I have a few newer BMW's and have been getting into the newer engine swaps.

Today, I installed the Passenger Side Engine Mount. I did this one first mainly because I am still waiting on my E85 Z4 Driver mount. Need that mount in order to clear the steering column. Learned that trick from Hackentt on the forums here. Thanks again!!

So here are some pics of the in process build, but my youtube does have more info on it too if you wanted to see the details!

Now on to the pictures. The bracket is plenty strong to handle the weight of the engine and then some.

First was to get the trans mounts updated from the rubber to the poly as well. Need to make sure that any driveline settling due to the rubber was addressed early on before welding the motor brackets:

Here is the bracket, sans mount, but marked and getting ready for the bracket weld

Here is the bracket, sans mount!

Bracket with mount!

Now, I have the Trans mount and Pass Mount ONLY. I did not do the driver side. But the oil pan is sitting on a couple of wood spacers on the subframe, so it's braced pretty good. Having said that I was able to remove any jacks I had under the car, so I can lower the car and start working on radiator design if I want while I wait for the driver engine bracket.
Appreciate 0