View Single Post
      02-07-2008, 03:45 PM   #18
rnickum
Rep
Drives: e93 328 blk saph saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnggt66 View Post
And the 800# messages go in this order. Also, from what I can tell it seems the system updates between 6am and 7am EST.

"Your vehicle is scheduled for production with no confirmed production date"
"Your vehicle is scheduled for production with an estimated completion date of mm/dd/yy"
"Your vehicle is in the body shop and is scheduled to be completed on mm/dd/yy"
"Your vehicle is in the paint shop and is scheduled to be completed on mm/dd/yy"
"Your vehicle is in the assembly phase and is scheduled to be completed on mm/dd/yy"
"Your vehicle production is complete and is waiting to be released to the carrier"
"Your vehicle was released to a carrier and is awaiting transportation to the port of exit"
"Your vehicle is being transported to the port of exit"
"Your vehicle is at the port of exit waiting for a shipping vessel"
"Your vehicle is in transit. Contact your BMW Center for more information"

Today when I called the 800 number - I received a slightly different message that what is above for the "Your vehicle is at the port" message. The automated mesage read the first part "Your vehicle is at the port of exit waiting for a shipping vessel", Then the message added "There is no additional shipping information available at this time". Does it ever give you additional information?

Slightly off topic - my car completed production on 1/31, but only today give the message that the car was at the port of exit. 7 days is the longest I have noted in the forum comments for those stages. (finish production until waiting at the port) I saw a few comments for folks that had cars finish produciton on the 4th make it to the port by the 6th. Am I just lucky that my car seems to take extra long for each step?
Appreciate 0