View Single Post
      02-17-2019, 12:35 AM   #1
Oeguy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Grey 325i

06 E90 325i Successful Install of 135 BBK

Hello All,

First off I would like to say that I am new to the forum and this is my first post so kindly bare with me.

I recently purchased an 06 325i sedan mainly as a daily driver so I wanted something fairly reliable so I came across a clean low millage E90 and always loved the platform so I jumped on it and here I am today.

Since purchasing the car I have succumbed to the infamous mod bug after doing some research on the platform it became a slippery slope. I am located in Toronto Canada and began servicing and modifying my vehicle at arguably one of the best BMW independent shops this side of the country RMP Motors.

Since then I have upgraded some of the fairly popular items like the 3 stage intake manifold, upgraded my FRM, LUX LED's, BMW SSK, amongst other cosmetic upgrades and regular wear and tear maintenance items.

Most recently I took on the the challenge 135 BBK kit front and back which I was able to source locally at a good price. I only say "took on" because I didn't realize until doing some research that there were some differences in the parking brake assembly on earlier models E90 325/328.

This meant the front calipers would bolt on perfectly but the rears would not or at least could be bolted up but you would be forced to use the incorrect rotor and lose the parking brake function which I like to have because my vehicle is a 6MT.

I quickly began digging deeper into the potential options/solutions I reached out to other forum members with no luck on a solution and came to conclusion that I was SOL. So I contacted Rocco RMPMOTORS to see if he knew of a solution. Well three days later I received a call from RMP and Rocco simply said "when can I book you in"? Rocco said he may have a solution.

Well the next morning he called me and said cars done come by, I was eager to see what he had done. he had not only had everything fitted perfectly but was able to retain the use of my handbrake without major modifications to hubs shields ect.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2