02-18-2019, 07:19 PM   #14
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
feuer Do you think it’s a f30 328i rear rotor with the circumference turned down?

PN: 34206797598 (or the non dimpled equivalent) which is a 345mm x 24mm rotor that fits the e9x 328i 160mm parking brakes.

When I researched this swap I couldn’t find any other rotors that were a good fit as a starting point. The only issue for the OP would be machining them down that much throws off the balance. (Supposedly the discs are balanced by removing material from the outer edges when they are produced and if you do major machining like removing 20mm off the outer diameter you will throw the balance off.)

He said they had done some machining so that’s what I came up with. If you look at his pics of the rear rotors the inner vent parts look like they meet up flush with the OD and aren’t recessed below the OD like stock.

Is possible that is what they have done. I have written about this option in the past. Is 10mm not 20mm however. Should not cause issue with balance. True floating rotors are manufactured with same process. If so I don't really recommend it because when you need new rotors will have to mill down rotors again.
Appreciate 0