View Single Post
      04-19-2019, 04:29 AM   #89
stuta
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS DAVE View Post
That's because the dde isn't seeing a signal from the auto box, so it thinks the box is overheating. there is a thin trigger wire that runs along side the 2 thick fan wires, brake into it with 2 core wire and put a small switch on the dash. when you need A/C you will need to switch the fan on, as of yet know one has sussed a way round it. even when you code it, it will still do that.
well well well!
my situation is not that tricky but i just can't seem to find a solution.

1. my car was automatic, which i converted to manual (no problem)

2. i have 2 different locksets, both 2 keys, CAS and DDE. one is automatic which came with the car. the other one is manual which i bought a while back.

3. if i put the automatic DDE,CAS into car....i get no DSC warning on dash but i have to depress both brake and clutch since my car is not coded to MT and the fan runs non stop of course, no reverse lights although wiring is set up correctly (i believe)

4. with the manual DDE, CAS....only clutch needs depressing to start car, fan does not run non stop and the annoying thing is DSC warning on dash.
traction control is off, can't use cruise control....still no reverse lights

ABS pump VIN does obviously not match that of manual DDE and CAS hence the 5DD2 and 5DD0 fault codes in INPA.

is there a way i can change the ABS VIN to match manual DDE and CAS to get rid of these warning lights? calibrating did not help, error: VIN does not match.

if all this is not possible and i must resort to installing a fan switch on the dashboard like you adviced...
will the fan switch on to cool the engine by itself when necessary or must i activate it myself and when?

hope all this makes sense...
Appreciate 0