Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 07 335xi Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac0908 View Post
Ok. So I looked up that part number for the connector. Has the connector that plugs into module, they splits to 2 other connectors. Do these plug into cas? Or do I still need to pull plugs off and push pins in. Also do I still need to run wire from dme to switch for cruise control with this connector? I'm sorry for all the questions if they are dumb. I just don't want to get into this and be stuck...

What's a dde?
the clutch switch has 4 wires running to it.
no.1 wire is brown and should be connected to other ground wires underneath the dash
no.2 wire which should be blue runs to no. 18 on the ECU/DME
no.3 wire which is a bit greenish or so... goes to number 3 on CAS
no.4 wire goes to no.41 on CAS

there is no connector at no.3 position on CAS but you can pull off one from old harness and plug it in there

i think there is already a wire running to position 41 and here you simply bridge the wire from clutch switch on to the wire already on CAS and cover it up with insulation tape.

once this is done you should be able to start car with both brake and clutch depressed.

A DDE IS what DME or ECU is to bmw diesel cars...

hope that helps and anyone is free to correct where i might be wrong.....
the likes of dave and nick know better....
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac0908 View Post
Ok. So I looked up that part number for the connector. Has the connector that plugs into module, they splits to 2 other connectors. Do these plug into cas? Or do I still need to pull plugs off and push pins in. Also do I still need to run wire from dme to switch for cruise control with this connector? I'm sorry for all the questions if they are dumb. I just don't want to get into this and be stuck...

What's a dde?
the clutch switch has 4 wires running to it.
no.1 wire is brown and should be connected to other ground wires underneath the dash
no.2 wire which should be blue runs to no. 18 on the ECU/DME
no.3 wire which is a bit greenish or so... goes to number 3 on CAS
no.4 wire goes to no.41 on CAS

there is no connector at no.3 position on CAS but you can pull off one from old harness and plug it in there

i think there is already a wire running to position 41 and here you simply bridge the wire from clutch switch on to the wire already on CAS and cover it up with insulation tape.

once this is done you should be able to start car with both brake and clutch depressed.

A DDE IS what DME or ECU is to bmw diesel cars...

hope that helps and anyone is free to correct where i might be wrong.....
the likes of dave and nick know better....
Perfect
2007 335XI SEDAN // JB4 G5 // BMS METH KIT // VRSF DOWNPIPES // AFE DCI // ER CP W/ TIAL BOV // MMP SILICONE INLETS // XHP STAGE 3 AT FLASH // TREBILA BEF // BMS OCC // VRSF EXHAUST // FUEL-IT STAGE 2 LPFP // VRSF FMIC // PRECISION RACEWORKS IGNITION SYSTEM // CATUNED COILOVERS // CIC AND COMBOX RETROFIT //
Appreciate 0