05-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #640
Zoo Tv
Washed Weekly
United_States
Rep
Drives: MTA Subway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid Moment View Post
Did you leave the USB stick in the glove box USB for a while, like couple of minutes? It takes a while before the system will prompt you for FCC code and let you know that newer maps have been found.
I can add to this that I did the USB update via USB in the glovebox, prompted for FSC code which it accepted - then did the update. But I like tigerdim, I also got the 'Starting Navigation System' message. I did brick my CIC (despite being told by sellers that all LCI cars with CIC post Sep-08 build are ok. They are in fact, not ok.

I am tired of these sellers telling everyone that "I have sold many many updates - no problem." This is rubbish. It will not work for all cars (I can only be certain that the issues I have seen relate to LCI's built prior to September 2009). Fact is - I required a replacement CIC - and where do the sellers of these map downloads and FSC's run to when you advise them the Nav System now doesn't work?? They blame the car and/or user. It is impossible to get the update process wrong if you get to the 'enter FSC code' input. So, it is not user.

If it is the car (that may require firmware update if LCI prior to Sep-09 build date) - then inform the buyer BEFORE you sell them the FSC and maps, rather than tell people everything will be ok.

I am sorry, I have sat by watching everyone update their maps with success and am genuinely happy for those owners. But the sellers are continually not advising of the caution which must be showed - and there are now owners popping up that are damaging their CIC's.

Buyer beware. Its a shame really. If the sellers did their research prior (rather than just assuming all LCI's would be ok) and advised of the potential issues, I'd too be appreciative. Fact is they are taking easy cash (whilst to my knowledge not sponsoring) and not providing/aware of the the full implications of what they are proposing.
Appreciate 0