05-29-2013, 01:53 AM   #642
Zoo Tv
Washed Weekly
United_States
Rep
Drives: MTA Subway

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdim View Post
I uploaded the map via DVD because this is what another user with same map as me did on a 2011 X6. (the user was recommended to me by the FSC code seller.) The map was provided by the FSC code seller.

I dont know yet if the CIC is bricked or not, I should know today.

What annoys me is what ZooTV says. I was never warned I needed to update the firmware. And all over internet you read posts from the FSC sellers "all problems can be solved.. dealers have never had to be called."
Yet after searching a little I discover I am not the only person with the problem.

Also, my car is October 2010, no past the 2009 firmware problems.
I hate hearing these stories. I stayed quiet as I thought I was the only one..... No - there aren't a bucket load of people affected, but there are a few and people should know its not 100% foolproof. I also appreciate the notion of not modifying/tampering with anything without going through the proper channels just to save a few hundred dollars - and its a lesson learnt. But when you are told several times "all problems can be solved.. dealers have never had to be called" - you can see how we went ahead. Especially when so many report successful updates.

So - after hearing my experience is the same, I will voice my concern to others considering this upgrade - upgrading maps via USB can damage the CIC - something BMW mentioned to me that it has happened to my local dealer on the odd occasion themselves....
Appreciate 0