View Single Post
      10-07-2019, 12:35 AM   #155
matamua
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 e93 335i, FBO, m3 control

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketRocket317 View Post
I installed my ABS pump and module yesterday. It just returned from Modulemasters.
Must require recoding, before it displayed the ABS, brake, and DSC faults. Now it also shows airbag, and CEL. Wipers turned after on initial engine start, speedometer does not work, and turn signals do not cancel.
The iCarsoft shows lot of faults.
Is the dealer recoding my only option? Car is a 2007 335i convertible, 49,000 miles, original owner. Trifecta for 2 years.
Dealer has tried to scam me twice. Once when fuel pump threw a code, (3500.00 estimate) and refused to replace a flat tire with a stealer provided 1000.00 tire warranty. Car was 8 months old with 3,000 miles. Said nail is not covered.
Never been back. Even the "free oil changes" were not worth arguing that brake fluid does not need changing more frequently than engine oil.
If clearing the code for the fuel pump is 3500.00, recoding ABS might be 10,000.00. After I refused to authorize a 3500.00 "repair" they reduced to 1500.00. I cleared with the iCarsoft and drove off.
I know this dealers service department is an anomaly.
Really do not want to go back.
Did you send your original pump/module to Module Masters, or buy one second hand and send that in?

If the former, I'd look at the coding forums and ask some questions. If the latter, pull your old module off and put it on. Make sure you follow the bleed process. Clear your codes and drive for a bit. That's what I did and it worked. Also have a 2007 e93 335i.
Appreciate 0