yEBMW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by B9M0W View Post
i've ran into you so many times online. It looks like we're both trying to do the same thing (from stock halogen to xenon AHL headlights) right? I was gonna buy LCI headlights but im gonna stick to pre- lci as i've been told there needs to be some wiring involved and led turn signals cost over 300 a piece. So far i found pre-lci lights but have not purchased them. Not worried about bulbs as it's not really an issue. Im having more of a problem finding control unit used, as i would need two and new ones cost $200each from dealer. I would probably need FRM2 as well since my car did not come with ahl headlights. LMK what FMR model you have.
As the one bad guy from Taken once said, gooood lucccck!
LOL yeah my led turn signals were 150 and 181 totaling 331 for both and I got ballasts for 180 for both. Ebay is a good source for finding stuff. I haven't checked but I will tonight, to see what frm I have but I think I have FRM and not FRM2. I am doing this conversion cause I love the look of the new lci xenon headlights and I am not scared of electrical wiring cause I am on engineer. I actually look forward to it. Just not completely sure how the programming of the FRM2 will go if I need it, which I think I do to get the adaptive functioning correctly. Good luck yourself and I am sure we will see each other again on here...lol!

11' 335i -M-Sport/LeMans Blue Metallic/Sport/Premium/AT - Current
06' 325i -Base/Arctic Metallic/MT - Retired
Appreciate 0