View Single Post
      07-21-2018, 12:18 AM   #94
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonobradley View Post
Yeah sunny Peth haha. Where are you bud?

To be honest its my first ever remap (auto box by the way) and thought I would give it a shot by RJM remaps as I heard a few good things from them by some of my mates.

Just had x6 new glow plugs, glow plug control unit and swirl flaps removed/blocked today and all seems good. (remap showed that I needed x4 glowplugs and a control unit so did what was recommended by S&C Motorworks in Shiremoor who are good value Beema independants.

I do have a subtle "thumping noise" on cold start tickover which is supposedly the EGR pressure valve, but will get that sorted at next service.

All in all very happy with my old second car as the bodywork is pretty damn immaculate and have FSH 76k miles....
newbiggin by the sea...and never heard of them companies you mention...and never heard of a thumping from egr valve,,ive had mine deleted via the map,,and yes auto box? that can handle more torque than the manual box,,also it will need a service soon,,gearbox oil/sump filter and mech sleeve,,suppose to be a lifetime fill,but its a now service item,,kit is around £200 and the same for labour..
Appreciate 0