04-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #5
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendercle View Post
That is actually really awesome, you should post a DIY
I will post up pics and give you the DIY when I get a chance..Its actually very simple that any average person can do that has access to a drill and a soldering gun.

Tools needed..
1. Small philip screwdriver to take the D-can cover off
2 Radio Shack micro on/off switch (can be two prongs or three) and some wire 24 guage.
3. Soldering gun
4. Some type of glue gun or glue adhesive
5. Drill bit 5/16 to make hole in the D-can cover

Locate pin 8 which will have a number on the side of the board. One side will have the digit 1 and the other digit 8

Once you locate pin 8, thats the pin we will be using as well as the next one over. Connect each pin 7 and 8 with a separate wire and then use the soldering gun and connect each wire to the micro on/off switch... If you bought a 2 prong on/off switch connect it to each side, but if you bought a switch with three prongs, connect the middle and one of the ends, doesnt matter which one. At the end there will be one prong end not used...Neatly place the wires snug so that the D-can cover can be closed without anything preventing it to make a closed seal and your done. Screw in the 4 philip head screws in their respected holes. Note which postion is on and which is off by some type of label on the outside of the cover...SImple! Note on my first pic, I have a switch with 3 prongs, but I snipped off the 3rd one just to make it easier to solder...
Attached Images

Last edited by cn555ic; 04-08-2012 at 09:27 PM..
Appreciate 0