View Single Post
      02-22-2011, 06:28 PM   #10
ENINTY
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnE90 View Post
I know this is an old thread, but here I am bringing it back from the dead...

So, I bought myself a Deltran. I went to hook it up today, and ran into a problem. I looked in the trunk and I can see the negative terminal, but I don't see an easy way to hook up the positive terminal. There is a large red plastic connector that is covering the whole positive side.

Where do I attached the positive lead of the charger? Should I use the pigtails or the clips?

Thanks!
I recommend using terminals on the battery if you are going to leave the car in a place where someone else my not see the leads going into the hood and accidentally knock them off. In the trunk, the charger is safe and the pressure from the wire closed in the trunk seal will prevent it disconnecting from the battery; if it unplugs from the wall that is okay, but if it unplugs from the battery, the charger may burn up (the old Deltrans did anyway).

Anyway, look closely at the red battery terminal cover. You will see several little plastic "doors" that can be opened up. The doors have little terminal pictures embossed on them. Underneath each door is a positive battery terminal with a 10MM nut. You only need to use one terminal. Unscrew the nut, put the positive lead on from the pig tail, resecure the nut, close the door (if possible) and connect the charger to the pigtail, then plug the charger into the 120V electrical socket on the wall.
Appreciate 1