View Single Post
      06-21-2011, 10:16 PM   #34
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Moral of the story: The OP cares about his car, doesn't accept it when the dealership tells him something that makes no sense. On the one hand, he had to do himself what should have been covered by warranty and done for him. On the other hand, he learned about his car, and took extra care to fix it properly. Kudos to the OP.

Some jacka** that inspected my Nissan told me I needed to spend $300 to $1000 for a parking brake cable and new rotors and calipers in the back. I guess he has no idea that I've done the fronts myself 4X and the rear 3X (frozen pistons) to include rotors and calipers, so I wasn't going to fall into the gee I'm so scared I'm not passing inspection because you say so here's $1000.

I never touched the parking brake before so I believed him that something was wrong, the handle came up 2X as high as normal. Little did I know all it is, is an adjusting nut that's yes, technically impossible to adjust with the handle down and console not removed. But I managed. Works good as new, and took me all of 20 min. and $0.

Car repair is a pretty dishonest business. There's really no aspect/opportunity to be honest, they have to eat and support their families too. It is what it is...
Appreciate 0