rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
It will still effect your premium nevertheless. It's not fair, but there you go. I've been through this recently and posted on here. My wife's car was unoccupied too and her insurance recorded it as a "fully settled, no fault claim". But her premium still went up.
How do you isolate the blame of the increase on the 'non-fault' incident???

I ask because I've just been through this, posted on here for advice, but because of the costs involved I was forced down the insurance route. My insurance company also assured me that my premium would be uneffected (so did an insurance broker; not linked to my policy).

Are you sure the premium didn't just rise because of general escalating costs?? I mean, my premium has tended to increase every single year, yet this is the first claim I've ever made (again, this was a non-fault claim dealth with solely with their insurers).
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0