06-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #93
jpdb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M,M2,M2,M2C,X3M,X3MC,M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
OK, fine with all that. I can only add that I am not a fanatic of any engine or brand as well, I will go and buy a N55 if they make a bit better (feeling and performing) N55 than the actual N54T (yes not any N54 but the T, this is the one which grabbed the title again). If it happens, it sure will be a hell of an engine.

The quotes you made really go too far, I agree with that. I am guessing soon N54 will be left behind in all its forms and only after then BMW will make some new experiments on the N55 to make us forget about N54. But, let's say, if the next M3 or some other M car (like a surprise Z4 M or a Z2 M or M2) also gets a upgraded N54 then the fate of N55 will be sealed forever as an "efficiency" version and second best in the line of actual BMW engines. We will wait and see how this will go.

In fact, everyone should be happy that four out of six contenders in the 2.5 to 3.0 liter category were BMW engines, this demonstrates a huge domination of BMW in this category either in petrol or diesel form.
Also i forgot to that that is been long rumored (even by scott) that the next M3/M4 will be powered by an evolution of the N55 so at last i think nobody can tell that the engine from the next M3 will be a weak performance engine. And for finishing i will add im an actual M Coupe owner and as a formerly owner of all the N54/N55 engines BMW has got im just defending what people try to trash without even having tried out.
BOTH ENGINES ARE AWESOME ENGINES SO PLEASE ESPECIALLY N54's GUYS STOPS THIS WAR AGAINST N55 ENGINES!
Appreciate 0