View Single Post
      07-03-2005, 04:26 AM   #2
nexus66
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Now for the slightly more tricky back mudflaps...

(The pictures seem to be out of order, but you should get the idea!)

I'd recommend starting with the side opposite the exhaust - this is beacuse the exhaust side has a tricky little bracket which provides additional support. If you get the non-exhaust side done first it'll put you in a better position to understand the other side!

Again, I'd say remove the wheel to make life a little easier!!

Right - the rear mudflaps are two piece, so split them (mine arrived already joined! ) by pushing the pins through the plugs, only this time make sure and find and keep all the pins!!

First we need to mount the inner part. Remove the two 8mm bolts on the fuzzy inner liner, and put the inner part in place, securing it with the bolt you removed! This was a complete pain to do and requires you to really push the whole thing back to get the thread to catch! :mad:

Once this is in place, test fit the outer part. I found it easier to start with the bottom inside part and slide it up and round into place!

Remove the backing tape, and fit the outer part, using the plugs to hold it in the right place. Insert the pins and push them home.

Use the other bolt you removed to secure the top part of the mudflap to the inner lining. This is also a pain to get in place but persevere and you'll get there!!

Now finally use one of the supplied self tapping screws to secure the mudflap underneath.

Again clean the inner rim of your alloys, and put it all back together!

For the other side, the process is exacly the same, but instead of putting a self tapping screw in the bottom, you need to use the support bracket supplied. This bracket bolts on from the bottom and through the fuzzy lining with 2 bolts, and seems to press up on a mounting screw for the exhaust heat shield. This is a little hard to explain, but from the picture below, I hope you'll be able to figure out how it fits!

And you're done!
Attached Images

Last edited by nexus66; 07-03-2005 at 04:53 AM..
Appreciate 0