View Single Post
      11-27-2011, 11:25 PM   #28
luckyu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i, 1998 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumperx View Post
Don't be ridiculous. You know the propose of a heim joint. On a comparative basis to the OEM link to a RE or VM links, its' design is to eliminate the slop; rather, drastically reduce deflection. You're smart guy you know what I mean.
Yes I know the construction of the rod ends, and I do feel I understand what you're saying about the elimination of slop. My attempts to draw a distinction between your experience behind the steering wheel on the one hand, and the elimination of slop behind the rear wheel on the other hand, seem to frustrate you so I'll stop doing it...

Quote:
Answered your question?
I get a little more with each description you give, and I do get a sense of where you're coming from. Anyway I'm happy to move on. I appreciate your willingness to share your experience, and maybe it's because I'm not an experienced race car driver, as you are, that we can't communicate at higher bandwidth.
2007 328i ZSP. M3 suspension: custom valved Bilstein shocks, Hyperco race springs, M3 lower control arms front and rear, M3 sway bars, and M3 subframe bushings. E46 front guide supports. Euro tail lights.
Appreciate 0