View Single Post
      01-18-2017, 01:50 AM   #2
Beve1532
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i

I just upgraded to 2017 maps on my 2011 335i..here is the instructions they sent me..maybe they will help you

You will need to use a 32 GB FAT32 formatted USB 2.0 stick to install this update.

Please copy the download link below and paste it into your browser url space (do not paste it into the search engine toolbar!!), then choose "save as" to save the file to your desktop,
then follow the instructions below to update your navigation system,

we recommend using Google Chrome browser for faster download times, choose one

USB Installation Instructions:
=============================

1. Use WINRAR.exe to extract the fILE 2017-1_BMW_North_America_Premium.rar which contains 4 folders called USB1, USB2, USB3 and USB4 on your computer's DESKTOP.

2. Move the file/folder found in the USB1 directory (config.nfm and pkgdb) on the root of the USB drive (do not move entire folder, move only what is inside USB1 directory!!)

3. Insert the USB stick into the USB port locted in the Glovebox (the center console usb port will not work)

4. Follow the onscreen prompts, it will prompt for the FSC code (please email us a photo of this screen, when you get prompted for the code)

5. The update will begin to load

6. When it prompts for the second USB, remove the USB stick, reconnect to your computer and delete config.nfm and pkgdb from the root of the drive

7. Move the file/folder found in the USB2 directory (config.nfm and pkgdb) on the root of the USB drive

8. Reinsert USB into the glovebox and allow it to continue updating

9. When it asks for the third USB, repeat steps 6-8 but use the USB3 folder

10. When it asks for the fourth USB, repeat steps 6-8 but use the USB4 folder

11. Wait for it to finish loading the data and you're done!

Notes:
======

1. Some USB drives come with a hidden partition at the front of the drive. Make sure to go into Disk Management (for Windows) or Disk Utility (OSX)
and delete all partitions. Then recreate a single partition formatted FAT32 (Windows) or FAT (OSX, it's FAT32 by default).

2. For Mac users, OSX places a series of hidden files on the USB stick which may cause the NBT not to properly read the data,
if you have this problem use a utility like Blue Harvest to remove all the hidden files/folders from the USB stick.

3. Also for MAC users, we recommend using the program �The Unarchiver� or "UnrarX".

4. The FSC activation code will be generated and emailed to you within 8 hours, after you complete step 4.
Appreciate 0