View Single Post
      06-07-2021, 01:34 AM   #20
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by haaken675 View Post
Are you running the stock oil cooler and thermostat? I recently did a mishimoto oil cooler sitting behind the kidney's and a 185 degree thermostat. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it does at the track. It stays really cool in the Florida summer heat so far, and I'm willing to bet it will work pretty good on track. If it doesn't, I'm considering adding a second and doing a larger radiator.

All turbo cars get hot, i just don't buy the heat being an n54 issue. It seems to be more of a lack of cooling from the factory since these are not factory built race cars.

I'm already on complete m3 control arms, revshift motor and trans mounts, condor solid subframe bushings, condor diff bushings, bilstein coils, adjustable toe arms, all new bushings everywhere, and a brand new set of nitto nt555's. Hoping to find a weekend to take this car to the track since my m52 turbo e30 isn't ready just yet.
Nice man, sounds like a good setup. I was running stock cooler and BMS thermostat bypass. I'd say the stock cooler is insufficient on track tbh, after 12-15 min it's getting to 280* or so
2013 335is Mineral/Coral - DR 6466 - DR Mani - PI - Motiv FF - Dodson Clutches - OEM CF Roof - M3 GTS DCT/LSD/DS/Halfshafts/Suspension/Subframe/Brakes/Chassis Bracing F+R - DEFIV Diff Brace - 437M/R888R
2015 X5 35D - 1990 535i [RIP] - 1992 318i Convertible - 2002 540i/6
Appreciate 0