2007BMW335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1337 View Post
How exactly does the launch control work? Does it keep the torque limited only for the second the car is getting off the line or till traction is made?
6 speed or 8 speed?

6 speed I think it only allows you to set a torque limit for first gear. Pick the option in the app, it explains how it works in the settings screen for launch control.

Custom Launch Control 8-Speed: Launch Control is a 2-Step process. It gets activated only in
S/Sport+ or S/Traction mode of your vehicle. Place your car on a safe, level and straight street.
Move your Gear Lever to S and put the car into Traction or Sport+ mode. Now press the brake
VERY hard and quickly apply full throttle with the kickdown switch depressed. On vehicles with
LC from factory you willsee "Launch Control active" on your dash. The amount of boost/torque
your car is allowed to build while the brake is depressed is setup with the "Set Launch Torque"
slider. After releasing the brake the Car tries to manage torque and traction along programmed
presets which can be tuned up and down with the "Torque Scaling After Launch" slider. 0% is
the factory setting and is optimized for stock cars. Tuned cars may need different settings. You
are free to experiment with those settings and find your personal best.
149,000+ miles, MHD, VRSF 5" FMIC, Aluminum charge pipe. E50 tune by Wedge Performance. 3" Catless DP's. Secondary Cat Delete. DCI cold side w/silicone Inlets. N20 TMAP, "Stage 2" Walbro 450 LPFP. xHP Stage 3. 1/4 mile 12.079sec @ 118.79mph. (2.03 60')Before xHP flash and rear cat delete.
Appreciate 0