View Single Post
      09-19-2014, 04:42 PM   #44
tinnsoldaten
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: e92 335i coupe

Maybe this is where I can get answer for my little mystery.
I have had water into my headlight and fried both modules inside , the ballast and the adaptive. I split my headlight unit and cleaned it inside and put back together. I bought some used adaptive module and ballast and new bulbs. After all installed , I got dipped beam right side error, no light from headlight , all other lights work on that side.

Today I swapped both modules over to the left side and visa versa to verify that module or bulb is not working. I put ignition on and my right side transfered to left side ballast was making a buzzing noise, I dont know if ballst just connected by wires and not fasten by screws could be damaging but anyway , I got both lef and right dipped beam error and light module failure , the one with car on lift symbol.

Now what ?

I have light working on right side again after switch , but in idrive the dipped beam error is on and off , like it got bad connection.
Vargas S2 turbos|VAC S3 Cylinder head|RR DPs|RR MPs|Supersprint X pipe|Remus Quad Sport mufflers|aFe Stage 2 Si with scoops|Forge DVs|ER CP|BMS meth elbow|Aquamist HFS-4|Walbro 450 E85 LPFP|AA FMIC|BMS OCC|MHD|P3 Boost Gauge|Ohlins Road & Track + camberplates|M3 sways F/R+ Ground control endlinks|Vorsteiner v303 19"|Michelin PS2 sport|Quaife LSD|Vorsteiner V35 CF hood|CF CLS trunk|Duke Dynamics quad diffusor
Appreciate 0