View Single Post
      01-05-2017, 02:13 PM   #2
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: RWD 528i N52

absolutely in love with how the exhaust tips are angled like that.

I've been toying with the idea of adding a magnaflow muffler to my n52 equipped F10 for a while now.. looks like you have me sold.

Not sure if this still applies to newer BMW ecu's but its reccomended you dont do any full throttle pulls for the first 100 miles. after this, lots of real world driving will help your ECU adjust well so you can get maximum gains from your new muffler. most of the "break-in process" for new exhaust components is actually your ECU adjusting fuel/ignition timing to compensate for the modification in exhaust flow. this process took me roughly 400KM to complete when i had my secondaries deleted.

great to see you kept your resonator intact - not recommended you delete it as the drone will be atrocious around 2500-3000RPM and you actually LOSE torque unless you fit an x-pipe in the same place where the res used to be.

next step for you is a secondary cat delete!! the gains are quite nice and the sound along with your new muffler will be great. I already have mine deleted and am looking to install a magnaflow muffler very soon.

please film a fly-by video with this muffler!

cheers!
Appreciate 1
feuer4275.50