View Single Post
      10-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #81
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrinchboy View Post
NICE. Would like get your input on the ride/handling after some time. Also, did you have to realign the car after the rear spring swap?
In principle, if you mark the washer locations on the eccentrics prior, and set them back to that after, you wouldn't need to re align for such a small increase in ride height. IMHO. But I will go ahead & re align because I need to adjust rear camber more negative anyway, to match the extra neg I got in front from pulling the strut pins.

So I just set it back to the marks I had before (on the eccentric bolt washer) for now. This will give me a little less camber than optimal and a little more toe @ the higher ride height. I'll probably do a full alignment in a couple of days, dial the rear camber back down from wherever it is to what the front is now (-1.7 or so).

Initial impressions off a short 50 mile test drive were positive. Felt like a tad more weight on the front wheels and not so squat-prone in back, even a bit stiffer. As I said above you can really feel 1/4" raise on one end. I did not thrash it or get aggressive, just a pleasant drive up in the mountains on 2 lane sweepers with some serpentine side side every so often. Feels good. Currently have the konis set at 1 full turn off soft in front and 1/2 turn off full soft in back. After doing the rear sway bar and subframe bushings, the rear felt far stiffer than the front so I stepped the front up 1/4 more turn from 1/2, then another 1/4 to get at least transient stiffness feeling a little more balanced. Briefly thought about tunring the rears up but decided not to, lazy plus did not want to be doing too many things at once. Science demands we change only one variable at a time.

Really curious how a UUC front bar would feel like you got.

More after I put some miles on it to settle and then align it again.
Appreciate 0