Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
Has anyone installed it? Is it the same as Bimmernav ones but cheaper?

The site says its a ULF Module, and i thought that ULF for Euro spec and TCU is for US Spec.....
That was one of the options I had considered. However! At the time of my consult, EAS claimed to have NEVER programmed a vehicle yet. They had done 2 installations.

They estimated 1.5 hours for installation, and 3 hours for programming OR more.

They said it was $85 an hour. It may take the whole day or longer.

I did not want to be the guinea pig especially with those variable rates. It could have been anywhere from $400 to more than $1k!

Although I was the guinea pig to Savage BMW, I can say I at least felt more comfortable with its work being guaranteed as a dealership.

Nothing at all against EAS solefald--just make sure they can give you a FINITE price and eta and if they have actually programmed a car succesfully with ULF...successful meaning full compatibility including English voice command. If no English voice command then not the end of the world either. Just establish the price and it can be a cheaper alternative to the TCU retrofit in the very least.

To answer your question:
I am not sure what the most recent ULF generation was--it may have been 13th generation. Call Martin, make sure he still sells the ULF as Technic noted...I ordered a kit and I got TCU instead. I know a few others have been getting the TCU instead of the ULF. Call EAS and make sure they are selling the most current generation ULF.
Appreciate 0