Thread: Rough Idle
View Single Post
      06-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #14
funk74
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335i

Garage List
I have been having a similar problem (2007 335i), but only on cold start ups usually in the morning or when i'm leaving work after a long day (problem is exagerrated when i start the car when it is parked in a front down angled position in the lot. At first if i gave it a little gas, the problem would just go away. Then one day i let it continue to idle by itself and eventually a engine malfunction light came on. It said engine malfunction, reduced power. Drive with caution and take it to the dealership. I then powered off the car and powered it back on an the problem went away.

I have about 33k miles on it and have taken it to the dealer 3 times now. First time they replaced the fuel pump and reprogrammed the car. Then it happened again, and they said the reprogramming can sometimes cause that and they had to replace a sensor. Now it happened again, coincidentally on the day i had the appointment as i was getting ready to go to the dealership. So this time instead of turning it off and restarting it, I kept it like that and drove it there with the malfunction light on. There was a big difference in driving it, I had no power to accelerate fast at any speed. They are saying it is probably the fuel pump and will check it out, but to me it seemed as if the turbo didn't kick in.

We'll see what they say about this.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0