View Single Post
      02-17-2006, 06:27 AM   #25
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
The E90/1 are the first BMWs I've owned, so my comments are obviously slanted. But I've driven loaner E46s and seen them for years. Personally, I think the curved dash of the E46 - while it might seem more ergonomic is a minus. It makes the already smaller interior seem even more cramped. I do agree that they could have added a cubby or two in the E90 for small item storage, but the interior of the E90 is nearly perfect to me. I also love the exterior design, and yes even the tail lights.

I personally like the innovation of the runflats as well. I don't consider it a gimmik at all, and I guarantee you will see more brands moving to this in the next few years. Feeling that you're losing something because you don't have a donut spare in your trunk is like people felt when they no longer had a carburator. You'll get used to it and you find that it's better. First time you have a blowout at 65-70 MPH you'll be damned glad you have runflats. Many serious accidents are the result of losing control at high speed when a tire shreds.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0