United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjr710 View Post
Ok so I believe i have widdled down my 30FF to my actuator arms.

I know there's a front and rear.

I was thinking of adjusting rear, and seeing if it's fixed. Then if needed - adjust the front.

Anything wrong with doing it this way? Or should I be adjusting both at the same time?
Put some white out on the actuator arm & then turn it 2.5x on the rear. You won't be able to turn the actuator arm on the front turbo, unless you took off the water pump & thermostat. That's not really a good idea. You'll lose a lot of radiator fluid & the three bolts you take out to remove the water pump are one time use bolts.

So, you'll have to use the horse shoe shaped no 8 SS washers trick. You take two, no. 8 SS washers. Grind out a section to make a horse shoe. Super glue two of them together. Do this twice. You'll need to take out the two vacuum canisters & the valve cover plastic cover. You need to loosen up the actuator bolt on the top of the turbo about a 1/2" in order to slide the washers between the actuator & the turbo housing. The harder part is the bottom bolt. You'll need to take the fan out and the FMIC. You'll need a 6" extension & 3/8th ratchet to loosen up the turbo actuator bolt, sliding the extension & socket in-between all the various radiator hoses working from the bottom of the engine. You'll need to position the washers on a telescopic part picker upper and finesse them in between the actuator & the turbo housing working from the bottom of the engine.
Appreciate 1