05-17-2019, 09:40 AM   #85
JohnDaviz
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: E92 N54

Update again :-)

I tried the above settings.

I think this is getting complicated now and exceeds my knowledge of the cars logic.
I can only say what i felt and how this resulted in engine behavior.

In an easy world i would see it this way:

Pedal Input -> Basic Correction Vehicle Speed -> DME -> Basic Correction -> Engine (Throttle Body) /Gearbox

Basic Correction - Vehicle Speed (DCT)
Going from my Stock settings to 90% gives me the feeling that the throttle pedal input transferred to the DME is corrected with these values.

Basic Correction
When i reduced the values to 70% i instantly had the feeling that the DME signal to open or close the throttle body at the engine was WAY different. It was opening and closing significantly faster.

So these values may manipulate the throttle body acting speed?!

----------------

Do you know these videos of race cars with single mass flywheels and instant throttle when leaving the pits in 1st Gear? RPM up down up down. I had exactly this behavior in the first gear. I felt like in a race car.

----------------

Lowering these values also influenced my clutch behavior again. When rolling in 1st or 2nd gear from 2k RPM without throttle so that finally the clutch disengages and getting on the throttle again, the clutch was closing very late and it took quite some time.

EDIT:
It seems i just figured myself what is explained on page 1 ... dooh

Last edited by JohnDaviz; 05-17-2019 at 09:47 AM..
Appreciate 1