03-16-2010, 05:33 PM   #262
my07_335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 SMG 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
just finished installing mine, Here are my results:

removing shift boot was really easy on the steptronic, took me maybe 45 seconds of careful pulling to get it out. The wood trim center console, on the other hand took me maybe 5-10 minutes...you really REALLY gotta be careful and pull moderlately hard to get it to pop out. I ended up breaking just about 1/8" of the trip up in the passenger side corner near the foot well, its so minor you can't even really see it since it tucks up into the body area pretty well, will superglue it later.

Had to unplug a few wires to get the pieces off, not hard at all.

Replacing the wood trim required a bit of prying, but got it off without incident. reassembly required firm pressure on the trim to get it to snap in place. Ended up getting a little grease on the trim from the mechanism, but wiped it off with a damp cloth.

All in all difficulty would be 3 or 4 I'd say, just gotta be careful. I don't know why this forum uses backwards ratings (1 being difficult/expensive/not clear) but you can defiantly do this if you're careful! I'll take pictures after work.

Last edited by my07_335i; 03-17-2010 at 11:52 PM..
Appreciate 0