View Single Post
      11-30-2008, 06:37 AM   #62
Morpheus
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Titanium Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Have you ever taken a close look at the OEM 4" drivers (other than the underseat OEM woofers) used in the Individual Audio system? Their construction, materials used, frequency response? They are either component or coaxial, and the front component system has a separate crossover module instead of a inline cap as the other OEM systems.

Personally, they do not need replacement, they need power. Because all and each of these OEM 4" drivers are also 4 ohms, adding aftermarket amps is easier as there is no constraint in wiring options (parallel connection) as the other OEM systems and their 2 ohms speakers. And once as plenty of power is fed to them they sound great, with nice, not harsh highs, well define voices and solid mid bass down to 150Hz.

So you can actually keep these OEM 4" drivers, replace the underseat woofers with the SWS-8 and amplify all these speakers with some 1000W RMS: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=235880

I don't think that new drivers will make up my biggest dissappointment with the Individual Audio: muffled voices.
So this thought applies only to the individual audio system and not the Logic 7 system? In your opinion would Logic 7 owners benefit from the BSW speaker only upgrade?
Appreciate 0