View Single Post
      03-06-2016, 01:02 PM   #83
stanlalee
Major
Rep
Drives: 07' E92 335i manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Meth and or E85 hides the heatsoak of the stock ic rather well on pump 93 I peak at 18 psi and it heatsoaked quickly. You can feel the power being robbed after a few pulls.

At the end of the day it's an inexpensive mod. I think people put way too much thought into it.
Meth hides it completely but e85 effects are post charge so the logs represent what the intercooler is doing but don't show the cooling effects of ethanol. Both make the heat dissipation less crucial compared to pump gas. Then their is the question of does it flow adequately. I was just pointing out its called "forced" induction. If you force it harder you can overcome the restrictions mentioned to a point. That point on oem style intercooler connectors is well over 400whp. That point for stock inlets seem to be about the same. People act like your stuck at 350whp if you utilize an intercooler with factory style connections. I think its safe to say the stock intercooler is generally underwhelming but just because the Mishimoto is only 5" and utilizes oem style couplers doesn't mean its only suitable for stock/no mods. Its not an oem replacement part, it is an actual upgrade.
Appreciate 1