View Single Post
      02-02-2017, 03:48 PM   #15
natedog7700
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i RB's 625whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWR View Post
If you are asking can line pressures be manipulated, the answer is a qualified yes. It cannot be done strictly mechanically, because the TCU will either learn it's way around the mod or issue a DTC. No disrepect, but properly tuning a clutch to clutch shifted transmission is way more than adjusting pressures.

I think the biggest difference with the xHP is the control it gives the operator. Second, if your tuner isn't modifying the calibration of the TCU, then they may be implementing a band-aide fix. Finally, there is something bigger going on here. This started as a community led effort and we are fortunate that someone has championed a service that essentially makes TCU tuning (not the flashing method) open source. That means things aren't secrets - the situation are have found yourself in.
1) Yeah thats what i was asking, im not to familiar with the coding side of things so it gets quite confusing to some like me.

2) My trans would start to slip after repeated runs over 500whp Do you think the TCU is "learning" or more of a mechanical side of things? Over heating causing the clutches to slip? It was so weird. After i flashed my MHD it would grab fine but back to back runs it would start to slip again. So odd.

3) Totally agree!
Appreciate 0