NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs View Post
<rant>

What is everyone's opinion on their dealer? So far I'm not blown away by the service levels i've encountered.

I've been looking at buying an e92 for a while now and am currently on my 3rd dealer.

Dealer 1 (Solihull) They started OK, I managed to arrange a short test drive with them & all seemed well. Decided to wait for the M-Sport package though which they told me would be coming out in March. So I advised them to contact me when they heard anything re: the M-Sport. March is almost here, so is the M-Sport. My phone call from the dealer isn't.

Dealer 2 (Wolverhampton) Oh dear. I went in to enquire & they said they would have to get a car in for test drive, fair enough. I asked for a brochure but they didn't have one so they took my name and address to send me one. Two months later... no brochure! No follow up. :mad:

Dealer 3 (Central B'ham) Promising so far. I went in last week, got test drive booked for this week so will see how it goes.

I don't like poor customer service full stop. Even more so when they expect me give them 40K for a car. If the service is this crap before i've even bought it, what's it going to be like afterwards?!

Is it just me? does everyone else get on fine?

I hope this third one is OK, i'm running out of ones nearby!

</rant>
I bought my current car from Sytner Solihull and the one before that from Rydale Sutton.

Rydale were absolutely apalling.

Sytner were a pain on the deal making side. They sorted out the part ex price pretty quickly - above book value, but they arsed around unnecessarily on the finance.

I told them that I wanted to match the APR on my earlier deal (hire purchase) on my current one (lease purchase), but they did the usual 'it can't be done routine, tried to shift me into a 325i, all the usual tricks basically.

Then when I went in with another finance offer they said they would match it straight away. I got what I wanted and sort of enjoyed the 'game', but I don't think it was acceptable customer service to tell lies about the APR they can offer and waste several hours of a potential customers time.

They did fold on price very quickly though. I just told them the 'drive the deal' price and agreed to pay a couple of hundred more for the convenience of doing the deal with them. Funny part was that they went on line while I was sitting there to check the price.

It's worth saying that the reason I ended up at Rydale the time before was because Sytner again gave me rubbish finance proposals.

I hung up on the wolverhampton dealer when he refused to offer book value for my 530d and refused to drop anything of his asking price for a 6 month old 330i (which was actually more than I ended up paying for my current car).

Having said all this I have found Sytner to be excellent post sale.

I think you just need to put up with unreasonable amounts of bullshit if you want to get a decent deal.
Appreciate 0