NoTempoLimitN54
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
]Many people are getting loaner F30's that are either base models or oddly optioned. This does not do much for the F30's case. I have had base non I drive E90's, that was not a fair way to judge them either.
No doubt - I mentioned it was "base". Doesn't even have heated seats or projector headlights. No Sat Nav either, not that I care.

I drove a Sport Package F30 335i at the "olympic event" they had in April. Much different experience. Felt about as fast as my E92. Exhaust sound was way cool. Too many options on that car though - I don't care for a HUD with big digital numbers telling the cop behind/next to me how fast I -know- I'm going, or a steering wheel that shakes to let me know I'm slightly off center in my lane. But I see how some people would like that.

At the same event I drove a non-sport 328i and I had the same impression of the suspension. The sport package is de rigeur for any enthusiast driver.

If I needed the space I'd take an F30 over an F10 any day. The F10 is full-on 7 series size. But for now quite happy with my cozy E92.

For Sale: 2009 335i 6MT (E92/N54), Sport / M-Technic / no iDrive / Black Sapphire / Black Dakota Leather, ZCW, 6FL, PDC, 19" VMR VB3, Pilot Super Sport, M3 control arms + tension links (fr) S. California
Appreciate 0